Why are these CRT TVs are selling for so much money?

Sorry but it's too long and complicated.

Reply to
micky

My CRT has NTSC, PAL, and SECAM tuners, and runs on 50/60 Hz, 110 or 220 V.

Reply to
TimR

Oh.. cool. My first computer at home was a Coco.

Reply to
Diesel

to take a 15 inch CRT monitor. Previously they had take 3 large CRT TVs for free. Would have gone elsewhere but it was a company's I consult for and they paid. Staples now say they will take all electronics for free. They took an old Kitchen Aid mixer from us recently.

None of the charities around here will take CRTs or computers.

Reply to
Frank
[snip]

I was at the Goodwill store soon after Christmas 2017. Where people had left donations there were several CRT TVs.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Here in NYC many of the Goodwills are drop off points for e-waste. Some Staples are also, but CRT TVs have to go to Goodwill.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Must be regional. Also some people drop off stuff when there is nobody there.

Reply to
Frank
[snip]

I think these (the TVs I saw) were. If somebody is there, they usually bring the donations inside.

BTW, there was a sign outside, but it was about stuff left being property of Goodwill. There was nothing specific to CRT TVs.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd