Where can I find floor mounted electrical outlets with Continental European sockets ?

Hi, Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy floor mounted electrical outlets with Continental European sockets ? Thanks, Tolga

Reply to
tolga.uzuner

In what country are you trying to make the purchase?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

.................................................................................................. . That's a good question; also not sure there is such a thing as a 'Continental (European Standard) Sockets'?

Maybe a 'Proposed' one?

In Britain alone, for example, in 2005 have seen a number of different sockets (similar to those used 50 years ago when I lived there) still in use although new construction and upgrades use their (now standard?) fused plug system

Probably better to ask this on the (do it yourself) news group?

However have seen questions on that ng that seem to indicate that the various nations of the EU, although they have sort of standardized their voltages and the allowed percentages +/- variation allowed from

230 volt 50 hertz, there may well be no one standard EU socket/plug system.

Certainly appears as though, even if they are 'working towards' a common system, existing continental systems differ greatly between say Spain, UK and Sweden?

Not being negative but: Limited experience indicates to me that, for example, UK sockets do not fit into North American standard outlet boxes wall/floor/ceiling or otherwise. The spacing and screw threads are different. So modifications or adaptions may be necessary. Also some European wiring is connected within the outlets, differently. So suggest a knowledgeable and adaptable installer if the outlets are to be working (not just part of a non working visual movie-set or theatre prop installation?). In fact if working should be to NA code for insurance and safety purposes?

Reply to
terry