Where can I find small rain gutters for a hardtop gazebo or how can I make them? (2023 Update)

I don't believe I've seen commercially available gutters smaller than 3" in width.   Anything smaller than that you would have to construct yourself, perhaps by splitting a PVC pipe in half with a bandsaw.

<strong>But:</strong>

Are you really sure you do want sloped gutters and two downspouts on a gazebo? I honestly think it's going to look rather out of place on a small structure like that. And, unless you live in a very humid climate, there won't be enough rainwater to deal with that justifies the efforts.

I would much rather deal with the water once it falls from the roof (and that's not a very high fall either). I think two  trenches on either sides of the gazebo with a perforated drain tile padded with pea gravel on the bottom and both sides and covered with larger decorative rocks on top. You could also put some geotextile fabric ontop and add some soil and plants above it if that's preferred from the decorative stand point. Just make sure the drain tile leads down and away from the gazebo. Even then I wouldn't worry too much about routing the water away because it's such a small amount of water - the drain tile might catch all of it after a rain and then it'll slowly seep back into the ground.

Reply to
homeowners

I have a 10' x 12' hardtop gazebo and would like to put rain gutters on 2 sides. Anyone know where I can find small gutters or is there a way to make them myself? What would I need?

Reply to
kinikia

I'm sorry but I failed to mention that this gazebo is on my deck. When it rains the water runs under the gazebo.

2 sides are over the banister so I'm trying to catch the rain on the 2 sides that hit the deck. Thank you for responding
Reply to
Anonymous

I see what you mean. Then my suggestion would not make much sense of course. Maybe you should look for something like a drip railing in this case? It's used for just diverting water flow but in your case it might just as well be able to handle all of the water because the roof is small.  You'd have to screw it to the roof but it will be much less obtrusive than a full size gutter.

I did some more digging on the drip railing and this page came up that has both drip rails <strong>and</strong> steel mini-gutters (used on mobile homes).

This might just be the ticket. There's no good way to attach a downspout though, so you're going to have to slope it toward and extend it to reach a bit further than the banister so the water will freely drop  to the ground. I imagine given the combined height of the deck and the gazebo, you'd have to use some larger gravel / rocks where it hits the ground - it may have some considerable force by then, especially in a heavy rain.

Reply to
homeowners

Thank you so much for finding that website for me. I have searched and this one never came up. This just might work. Thank you again

Reply to
Anonymous

This is probably something you would have to special order have have custom made.  Since it is on your deck, I could see why you would want to divert the water from sitting on your deck and sitting around the posts.  Have you looked into having a contractor do this?  They might be able to bend and make them any size you want.

Reply to
Anonymous

Did you try this?  I to have a hardtop gazebo on my deck and want the water to go another direction.  Just wondering if you tried this yet?

Reply to
Anonymous

I bought hard plastic ones from Home depot and was able to install those on a soft top 10X12 gazebo no problem.  Work great!

Reply to
Anonymous

Nice blog. I have just bookmarked this page so I don’t miss any more of these.

Reply to
popupgazebo12

Yes....thanks. I was also looking for a gutter for my hard top gazebo. It sits on a cement deck almost up against our house and when it rains, I dont want to have the water running down the foundation. This is perfect.

Reply to
kimsmythe

Kim, How did that work out we have the same problem in Ohio.

Reply to
Anonymous

Did this work for you? I'm thinking about doing this too.

Reply to
Anonymous

Hi, I am having black mildew-like run-off my shed roof on one side onto patio pavers and would like to install some type of gutter. Challenging but thought about cutting side out of 2x3 downspout; would also have to bend ends to extend; gutter hangers may be too long, so if only one side nailed to back, would this work, or could I use the old style hanger with long nail. Patio is difficult to keep cleaning as then have to replace pea gravel in between pavers. Appreciate any help, Bodie

Reply to
Anonymous

For regular gazebos, I found a perfect gutter system at campeoutdoors.com from the brand OZtrail. The result so far has been great.

Anonymous

I found this video on youtube where he installs a gutter.

disqus_GTs9Ae0I5U

What if I could install a piece of drip edge upside down, between the roof edge and trim piece ? Wonder if it would help devert water to the corner?

Reply to
karendemich

Here is the video i made after installing my gutters.

Reply to
Anonymous

Invent it! You will be a millionaire! Obviously a market for it! I'll be your 1st customer! Don't forget me my RICH RELATIVE! LOL

Reply to
Anonymous

Yes can't wait to see more answers. Mine lines up perfectly with the deck rails, so the splash actually wets underneath almost to the center of the deck. Not a big deal accept I want the furniture to stay dry which is why I got it!

Reply to
Grant

Kim, could you please email me info/photos on your gutter solution 8 years ago. having trouble getting answers from the questions. Thx, Carol

Reply to
Carol