corroded rain gutters

My rain gutters alot the roof are corroded or oxidized on the outside. Anyway I can clean then up ? I have tried scrubbing them with a green scrubbie and tried laquer thinner but no luck.

Reply to
JillAdams

Wood, plastic, cooper, aluminum or what material? Painted or not?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
JillAdams

i really think your best bet is replacement.

Reply to
marson

I am with marson. I suspect that you are not going to be able to clean them. You would need to paint them. Getting the paint to stick would not be that easy and it is not likely to last as long as the original bonded coating. It can be painted, but it will be a lot of work.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan