What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

Depends. Obviously, it is going to be hotter with the larger bulb. I've done it in fixtures that are on for only a few minutes at a time. No way would I do it in a ceiling fixture that may be on for hours at a time and overheat.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm not seeing the original post. Based on the question in the subject line:

Maybe it would work fine, or maybe it would overheat and burn something.

Why risk it? Use a CFL bulb or an LED bulb that is equivalent to 75W would give you both the lumens you want, and plenty of safety margin.

Reply to
bob