What glue to attach rigid insulation?

I have some steel hatches. They are painted. I plan to glue rigid insulation to them. I would glue the foil side to the paint, so at least I won't have to worry about the gluten dissolving the foam. But what glue? I could use Liquid Nails. Cheaper and messier would be contact cement. The foam is so lightweight that even when on the underside a super strong bond isn't needed.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

I'd use construction adhesive (such as Liquid Nails). The urethane stuff will hold anything, but you are really attaching foil to paint.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski