Washing machine pump; help!!!

I have a leaking AEG Lavamat 610 washing machine. I took the back cover

off and I can see the leak is coming from the water pump. I can order a

replacement pump. How easy is it to change it? And, can you get access to the pump (to unbolt if) from the back? or do you have to remove the front cover. I assume I can reuse the motor - as the pump works (but leaks). Any suggestion of where to buy a replacement pump? Thank you.

Reply to
scliassides

I am not familiar with that "breed" of washer. However, in the whirlpools and Ropers that I have worked on, the pump needs to be swapped out from the front of the machine.

A fairly easy fix...usually...except that I know nothing about the AEG. Most small appliance stores and appliance repair shops will sell you the part. I'm guessing, around $40 USD, unless the AEG uses some special Lithium crystals for their pump.

Reply to
timbirr