Tree removal

What kind of tree? 8~)
--
Tekkie

On 2/12/19 2:14 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Mucus tree :-)
--
"Civilization has come about by going to school more than to church."
[Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays_]
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 9 Feb 2019 12:48:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

Hey, Ed. Fifty dollars is $50. Money doesn't grow on..er...trees.

On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 11:48:21 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Youtube has a whole variety of tree disasters. Usually you can immediately see that the fool is doing something stupid that violates obvious tree-cutting safety rules.
On 2/9/19 11:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've done some dumb things in my life but on the two times I've needed a tree trimmed or removed...hired a pro.

I am certainly not climbing up in a tree or standing on a ladder with a chain saw but I do feel pretty good on an articulated lift so I can be above the limb I am cutting and it falls away from the machine. You still want to take little bites at it. Like my Mexican guy said, you have to cut it up anyway.

That’s fine with limbs, but its not so easy with the main vertical trunk where you have to be where the cut is made and have a much heavier chunk of wood falling away even if you do cut it in small chunks like you say next.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:50:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Once you get down to a single vertical trunk, predicting and planning the fall is much easier. All of the trees in my yard don't grow that way anyhow. There isn't really a single trunk that goes up very far. Even that nasty fucus only had about 20' of trunk and the other 40' was branches. Live oaks start branching off 10' off the ground.

And controlling it too with a rope pulling it the way you want, how you cut it and wedges.

Sure,
On 2/11/2019 10:06 PM, philo wrote:

Years ago I had a 75 year old neighbor killed when he was cutting a partially downed tree which then fell on him.
Next door neighbor nearly killed when a tree fell on her and the house when she went out to straighten up an inside out umbrella in a wind storm.
I also met a heroine addict whose addiction started from pain killers used when he was injured working as a tree cutter.
On 2/12/19 7:47 AM, Frank wrote:
[snip]

Some typos are funny...
--
"Q: 'Let us pray for understanding and for compassion.' Picard: 'Let us
do no such damn thing.'"
On 2/12/2019 1:58 PM, hah wrote:

I was not sure - that's the problem with spell check.
On 2/13/2019 6:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Better than being addicted to drugs.
On 2/13/2019 7:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The "heroin" addict was in the hospital same time as me. He was having gangrenous toes removed. I asked to see his arms and one vein was all swollen and one collapsed like a trench. He was not a pretty sight. Started from a fall from a tree.
On 2/13/19 5:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Yes, spell check can do weird stuff like that.
BTW, once I was posting about a Windows service called LoadPowerProfile. The spell checker thought it should be laryngectomize.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/