Tree removal

I was going to hire the guys in the first video, but he is expensive. I can save 50 bucks if I get one of the guys in the second one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0bMU3hOzY

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BLsYRfgHWI?autoplay=1&rel=0

Stole this from another group.

Most of those just involve taking too big a bite. When the guys took out a tree for me they cut it up in pieces right up there in the tree. The guy said he had to cut it up anyway so why take a chance with a piece too big to handle. Pretty much every piece was cut off and lowered on a rope. It still went fast and by the time he was working on the trunk, the rest of it was packed up in his truck and trailer by the helper.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

I had a Bradford pear tree that was about 50 feet tall next to the house cut down this summer. Three men came out in a bucket truck and the man in the bucket went up and cut down most of the tree. The 2 men on the ground put the limbs in a chipper and blew it into a compartment on the bucket truck. The larger limbs were laid on the ground and something like one of the small bulldozers or bobcats loaded the larger ones on another truck. No damage to the house and not too much to the ground. In about 2 hours they were finished.
I don't know how they will burn, but I did have them save a few limbs that were about 3 to 5 inches in diameter and cut to about 2 feet long to save for fire wood. I would have saved more of it,but did not have a good place to put more out of the weather and off the ground.
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 16:10:20 -0500, Ralph Mowery

I rented an articulated lift and took down half of a big a big fucus tree behind the house. It was fairly tight to the shed so I took it down in small chunks for the most part. I had to stop because I had filled a 30 yard dumpster. After Irma took about half the rest I knew FEMA was coming so I took down all of it. This time it was all leaning away from anything I cared about so I just dropped the whole thing, cut it up and dragged the logs around behind my truck. .
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20down.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg
says...

Shit you're ugly.
On 2/9/19 11:05 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

That's something you can never unsee. ;-)

True. I tried eyewash but it didn’t help any.
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 10:49:47 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Jeeze, that really is a ficus. They're house plants up here. The only thing I really recall about them is they're touchy about being repotted.
Cindy Hamilton

That is interesting. I've got one as a house plant and they are easy to propagate and take care of. I knew they could grow big in warm climates and now see from Wiki they can nearly get to 100 ft. tall. Also says they are unsuitable for residential lots because of size and root system. I've learned that sort of thing over the years. That little stick put in over 20 years ago can grow huge and threaten the house. I've had many of those once little sticks removed, requiring a tree cutter.

There are lots of little "dish garden" plants you see up north that are noxious weeds in the sub tropics.
On 02/10/2019 06:40 AM, Frank wrote:

It's not only the little trees... My mother thought Japanese knotweed would make a nice screening hedge. It did do that but then it tried to take over the world. I don't know if it looked like home but it was also a magnet for Japanese beetles. They might have balanced each other out but the beetles like roses for desert.
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 04:31:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

They are weeds down here you can hardly kill. It is illegal to even plant one in a lot of places. That one was 60-70 feet high before the hurricanes knocked the top out (twice). It sprayed tree limbs like this all over the yard
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Irma/Trees%20down.jpg
I was happy to see it gone. Once I had the thing cut down I had to pour Garlon on the trunk to finally kill it.

Did it bear figs?

There were some kind of nasty purple things coming off of it all the time but I never ate one.

I still have some bamboo in my yard from Edison's experiments on the light bulb filament material. He had the Koreshans growing different varieties and the one I stole is the "clump" stuff that does not spread. Unfortunately the Koreshan Park is over run with the stuff that does. It is still pretty neat stuff. I lined the walls of 2 enclosures in my screen cage with split bamboo, all from the clump behind my house that I planted 15-20 years ago. (harvested along the river)

Koreshan itself is pretty neat. I've camped there a couple of times when I was down in that area. What is it with Koresh and nutters?
On 02/10/2019 05:31 AM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yeah, but you don't live in a tropical paradise. I wouldn't mind a fig tree in the yard but it's not happening here in winter wonderland. Fresh figs are something else.
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 10 Feb 2019 04:31:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Is that you!

How could you get a plant that big in your house?

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 1:26:49 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

That was the easy part. The bitch was lifting it out of the pot when it needed to be repotted.
Cindy Hamilton

They are pretty small if you keep them choked off in a pot. It is when they can run loose that they get big.