Toggle Lighted Dimmer light switch

I put up one I bought from ACE. Only problem is that the switch stays lit even when turned on. Others I have only lit when shut off entirely. What would cause that problem ?

Reply to
Joe Versaggi

Why is it a problem? It may have been designed that way. Contact the manufacturer.

RicodJour

It was designed that way? What does the packaging state? Might not be any "problem".

Reply to
Pop

Package says it comes on only when switch shut off, which is how several others I have hooked up work. It is not a problem, just wondering if that is a sign of any electrical hazard. Buty , there is no way to screw up the wiring; I set it up the same way as an old one that was driving me crazy from flickering.

Reply to
Joe Versaggi

What kind of light - and wattage lamp is being used??? If not a lamp what is it switching?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Incandescent lights: 5 * 40w

Reply to
Joe Versaggi

Is it actually a lit switch, or does it just "glow in the dark" after being excited by light? If it's a lit switch with only two terminals, then I would say it is a problem, since that means there's a large voltage drop across your "on" (i.e. closed, or shorted) switch, and that ain't right.

Reply to
CJT

Well that eliminates my ideas.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If an electrical device doesn't do what it is supposed to do, I don't like it. Take it out, bring it back to the hardware store and they'll give you a new one. A little time lost, but you'll have peace of mind.

RicodJour