Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

That was a problem with No Child Left Behind in this state. I don't think they are necessarily slow but most Indians have very little interest in education. Throw a few in a small school and the statistics look like crap.

Reply to
rbowman

Trump is a start. He has opened the Overton Window a bit so some of what needs to be said can be said. The leftist will still call you a racist Nazi but f*ck them.

Reply to
rbowman

Righto -- it's the northern shithole appended to Britain.

Reply to
rbowman

Try a summer vacation in Houston... Bring your Gold Bond Medicated Powder so your balls don't rot.

Reply to
rbowman

SI, British term isn't it? Sad when you even have to borrow your terminology from the Frogs.

Reply to
rbowman

Okay, going forward I'll always spell out United Kookery.

Reply to
rbowman

Schools are run by states and local school boards. Trump really is not involved.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is the general theme here. Some places have pretty good schools. Others award diplomas like participation trophies. You show up a 150 days a year, you graduate.

Reply to
gfretwell

I can still speak Hollerith (punch card) and Baudot (paper tape). ;-) If I think about it I can still do some morse but I sam digging deep.

Reply to
gfretwell

Do the girls fall for that?

Reply to
gfretwell

Some school systems are avoiding this with "home school". They are still in the system but they get laptops and they go to school from home, pretty much going at their own speed. This is a Skype sort of thing with a live teacher but there is a whole lot of flexibility in the curriculum and very small classes. One of my grand daughters is working at around one grade level higher than her age. The other is more like 2 grades ahead. My grand son .... well I hope he learns how to throw a pass ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

The attributions got loused up. I favor 0x for hex. For example,

0x00001010 for a bitmask.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

It's Usenet. Most people on Usenet are pretty old. All of the cool kids are elsewhere.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Could be a little tricky for candymaking.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 8:44:13 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wro te:

ote:

:

at 50% humidity is more comfortable 72°F at 90% humidity. I serviced a nd installed HVAC systems back when I was doing service work for businesses . I like 2 stage AC systems because they control humidity much better. The newest more advanced(more expensive) HVAC systems are variable giving a mor e precise control of humidity. ^_^

Try working outdoors at 32 C and 90% relative humidity and get back to us.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

The wire is pretty thin, so I put a piece of clear packing tape on each side, inside and outside, but not where the door gasket closes on it. That holds the wire pretty flat and the gasket takes care of the rest. I just got a notification from the filesthrutheair.com guys that they are changing their human interface. The original one was ok, but could have used some improvement. The new one has yet to be released.

I bought this thing after having problems with a Whirlpool fridge (actually made by Samsung ... I didn't know that at the time) that shut down while I was on vacation. There was no visual indication on the unit as my friend that came in and checked the house, might have seen it. Whirlpool, after much yelling an screaming by me, actually bought back the fridge. So I went and bought a Samsung. Little did I know that the Whirlpool was a Samsung inside. The Samsung shut down one day just after dinner. We were putting things away and my wife said that the lights inside the fridge were not on. Not only that, the temps were rising. And, the display temps made no sense. The display on the fridge was at 55 and the freezer was at something like -30. I did the "cntl-alt-del" Microsoft thing and powered it down. After the "required

30 seconds" I powered it back up and all was fine. This makes no sense to me. I worked in fault tolerant processors for over 25 years and our processors had all kinds of safeguards to prevent such a thing. A fridge should be designed that way, or should not have microprocessors controlling the critical parts. It was probably designed by some new engineer out of college. Ok, I'll go take a blood pressure pill and chill out.
Reply to
Art Todesco

I did enough Morse to get an Advanced ticket but it was a struggle. Extra was never going to happen. Until they make a Vim version for keypunch machines I never want to see another one. Nothing like having your typing mistakes immortalized in cardboard.

Reply to
rbowman

No problem for Sword -- he's got the soft-ball stage down pat.

Reply to
rbowman

Yup you guys invented coal fires steam engines, we invented electric motors, light bulbs, telephones and programmable computers. We apologize for Microsoft, Apple and Facebook

Reply to
gfretwell

systems are variable giving a more precise control of humidity. ^_^

or 35

Reply to
gfretwell