Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

It's more fun if there's a risk of being caught. I have only been caught once.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You mean encourages better things.

Reply to
gfretwell

I am fortunate enough to have found a property where my back yard is not in view of any other neighbors ... unless they have a drone.

Reply to
gfretwell

Mine was, until a neighbour made his house 1 storey higher.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

One has to be careful not to introduce soap into the urethra. Stings like hell...

Reply to
rbowman

How could that get in there by mistake?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My first tech job in a factory I set up the parts inventory in Paradox. It took me a long weekend, more than 20 hours work. I had to learn the progr am then figure out how to input. No help screens back then, not in DOS. M aybe on the Mac.

My boss (plant manager) had told me he didn't know what this Paradox thing was, find out and buy it.

After lunch he called me back in, corporate had told him buying software wa s prohibited, do not under any circumstance buy that stuff. I said, "uh, b oss, you mean this?" and held up the box. Hey, you gave me an order, I go t it done. He said oh crap, well keep your mouth shut about it.

Reply to
TimR

A lot of my time was actually in tracking down the bar code hardware, printing program and integrating it into dBase. I wasn't supposed to spend any money either, In fact the dBase we were running was one of the 2 licenses that come with the package I bought for myself. It was funny when you were sitting in an IBM office watching the start up splash screen and seeing "Licensed to the Estero River Bait Guano and Seafood Company" sitting there.

Reply to
gfretwell