Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

The two largest white ethnic groups in the US are the Germans and the Irish. It escapes me why we fought on the wrong side in two world wars.

Reply to
rbowman

Barack Hussein Obama II

Reply to
rbowman

Same with me, I have a vivid memory of the wall clock I watched in the classrooms, especially when the teacher started going on about Jesus and all that s**te. I lost about 50% of my breaks and lunches in primary school (you'd say grades 1 to 7) for misbehaving - talking back to the teacher, farting every time I left her desk, vandalising stuff in the playground, making other pupils bleed, etc.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Same with me, I have a vivid memory of the wall clock I watched in the classrooms, especially when the teacher started going on about Jesus and all that s**te. I lost about 50% of my breaks and lunches in primary school (you'd say grades 1 to 7) for misbehaving - talking back to the teacher, farting every time I left her desk, vandalising stuff in the playground, making other pupils bleed, etc.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes, decent quality machinery made in Britain. Try a Dyson, they just fall to pieces. And they constantly get clogged, the airways are far too narrow, and stupidly shaped to fit in with the cosmetic design.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes, decent quality machinery made in Britain. Try a Dyson, they just fall to pieces. And they constantly get clogged, the airways are far too narrow, and stupidly shaped to fit in with the cosmetic design.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My mother was named for a saint. That doesn't make her a Catholic.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

It makes her mother a Catholic.

How many Brits or Americans (as in human ones, not Arabs) would name their kid Hussein?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes that is the stuff, core memory. Back in the day that was usually strung by hand.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, I always get a kick out of those hollywood and musical types. They will rally around and tell us how we are supposed to share our money with the less fortunate but if I share one of their songs or movies they want to sue me.

Reply to
gfretwell

Nope. Grandma was a Methodist. Not that religion stuck very hard to anybody in the family. They farmed me out to a Lutheran godmother for my early religious upbringing.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Jesus did not send cease and desist orders or just sue people who shared his works.

(referring to the part you snipped)

Reply to
gfretwell

Jesus? We had optional indoctrination Wednesday afternoon. The Catholics marched west to the Catholic school and the Prods marched east to the Dutch Reformed Church. There were no beaners in town so Jesus wasn't a classmate although Mary and Joseph were.

Reply to
rbowman

Hoover was in Canton Ohio although the company was sold to the Chinese. Mine still says Ohio in the tag but manufactured in China.

Reply to
rbowman

Thankfully religion stopped with my parents, so I didn't have to deal with that bullshit.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not necessarily. There are lots of female saints:

The ones that are mudsharks.

Reply to
rbowman

They just want to "share" whatever is tax deductible or what will advance their career. I don't see anything charitable when a multimillion dollar corporation like RIAA representing millionaire artists sues a single mother because her 12 year old daughter has some bootleg MP3s on her computer.

Reply to
gfretwell

Well f*ck me I'm completely wrong. Hoover is American not British:

Maybe I'm thinking of Electrolux? No....that's Swedish:

James Wilkinson Sword

Well f*ck me I'm completely wrong. Hoover is American not British:

Maybe I'm thinking of Electrolux? No....that's Swedish:

James Wilkinson Sword

Why would anyone do that unless they just wanted a bigger c*ck?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword