Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

But not enough to cause a problem. Your body has a lot of heat in it, it takes ages to cool, during which time your body will simply generate more. I've jumped into ice cold water after being in a warm place. No problem whatsoever. Maybe one sharp breath and that's it. Wimp.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The water quickly becomes as dirty as you were and some of us want to just wash the dirt off and send it down the drain without marinating in it. For most people the "dirt" is actually dried sweat, body oils and dead skin cells. If I really get "dirty" (digging in the yard, mixing concrete or whatever) I wash off in the outside shower before I come in for a real shower.

Reply to
gfretwell

Both of our showers are about 4' x 5' and one has a built in seat. It is a woman thing I guess. Both have 2 shower heads.

Reply to
gfretwell

Most people aren't that dirty. The surface of your skin is a lot smaller than the volume of water in the bath, so it's vastly diluted.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Every shower I've ever seen is big enough to stand in and no more.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

America -- bigger and better.

Reply to
rbowman

Gotta have room for the beergut?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It's not just the dirt. It's also the soap floating around on top of the water.

Baths are for babies.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I stopped taking baths to save time. Both are equally good at cleaning you. A bath means all of you is in contact with water for a long time, a shower doesn't do that.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Hence the number of household products available to de-scum bathtubs.

I've got to admit that seems a little over the top. The woman who wants to trade up to a 1/2" Milwaukee drill motor because the 3/8" is bogging down really worries me. But then I'm not a housewife.

Reply to
rbowman

That is the advantage of being the builder. You can make whatever you want. (or in my case what my wife wanted) The shower in our master is pretty big with a glass block bay window in it and that seat I was talking about

Reply to
gfretwell

Certainly enough room for a man and a woman to "get dirty" ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Never found the need to use more than a cloth and some water to clean a bath. But then it's not a hard water area here, which I believe makes things worse.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The whole point of a shower is it's quick and easy. You stand under the water and sponge yourself. Why would you need more room?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

James Wilkinson Sword

So that my husband can come in and sponge me, and vice versa.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

OTOH, Why not? We are Americans, we like more room ;-) Actually it was my wife. She does not like small spaces. I am OK showering outside and I have a nice one near the pool, hot and cold water, not just the hose.

Reply to
gfretwell

There is something special about having sex in unusual places. You do need to try not to get caught tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

I guess the UK is more prudish, most couples don't shower together (which I don't understand). I assume most often the shower degenerates into other things?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I assume your pool area is enclosed, or do you get on REALLY well with your neighbours?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword