The Story Behind The Pepper Spray

NOW that is just plain mean. I am shocked I tell you. SHOCKED I SAY!!

What ???

That WAS NOT ME you heard laughing. I DID NOT Laugh.

WHAT ?!?!?

Maybe a little. I AIN'T SAYING !!!!

I actually did it to a second dog. I was cycling up a very steep hill and a dog came walking beside me and I thought nothing of it until he wrapped his teeth around my ankle. I blasted him and when he ran ahead to rub his face in the grass at the side of the road, I blasted the other end.

I had a can of chemical tear gas and found that it did not effect dogs. I sprayed one and he just licked it like nothing happened. I was also with a friend once and sprayed a dog with tear gas. Startled the dog to stop him but also got a bit on my friend. We pulled over to a stream for him to wash his face. He did not like it but was glad I deterred the dog.

Looking up tear gas chemistry I see this: "CS has less effect on animals due to under-developed tear-ducts and protection by fur." It is also more toxic than pepper spray.

Reply to
Frank

I laughed, so go ahead and laugh with me...k? I don't wanna be the only one laughing, now!

Reply to
Muggles

Okay. Yes I laughed pretty hard. Gee Wiz, folks are going to thing I am not "sensitive".

When I was in hi skool, a dog would come out and try to bite my on my bicycle. I got pretty nasty. So one day I donned my hiking boots and when he came after me I did a karate side kick right across his mouth. No yelp or anything. I hit him extremely hard. My foot stung for a couple of hours. I was limping. I never heard or saw the dog again. I think I may have killed it. The owners probably think it got hit by a car. Ya, mess with the Toddmobile (the tire tracks look a lot like shoe prints though)!

Technically, is it still considered cycling when you're being overtaken by a walking dog?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I guess I have to allow for the fact that, within the greater cycling public, there's a whole range of fitness levels. I imagine being overtaken by a walking dog puts a person toward one end of that fitness spectrum. It's not my intention to make fun of those people since they are exactly the ones that need to be out there getting some exercise. I applaud them.

Reply to
Jim Joyce