That Sears dryer again

Wife purchased the top rated Kenmore clothes dryer a few years ago. We had nothing but problem with it. The motor burn out right after the warranty. Have to remove the bottom plate, blow and vacuum lint build-up every couple of months. Now it stop working all together. Looks like the controls checked out except on the push to start button. I get a reading of 120V on both of sides of the pushbutton terminals - strange, must be a short somewhere. I'm in the process of removing components and trace the motor circuit. Has anyone had this problem before?

On the other hand, our old Maytag lasted over 25 years without any maintenance. Never once had to take the thing apart to remove lint under the drum.

Reply to
** Frank **

It's to bad the newer Maytags are not as good as they used to be... :-(

Reply to
<kjpro

So you are sure that the vent is not clogged with lint? Not the screen that is a part of the dryer, but the pipe in the wall that takes the lint and moist air to the exterior of the home?

A clogged vent can keep a dryer from running properly and will burn motors up.

Alisa LeSueur Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician

CDET 14

That was the first thing I&#39;d checked - its not clogged.

Reply to
** Frank **