Wife purchased the top rated Kenmore clothes dryer a few years ago. We had
nothing but problem with it. The motor burn out right after the warranty.
Have to remove the bottom plate, blow and vacuum lint build-up every couple
of months. Now it stop working all together. Looks like the controls checked
out except on the push to start button. I get a reading of 120V on both of
sides of the pushbutton terminals - strange, must be a short somewhere. I'm
in the process of removing components and trace the motor circuit. Has
anyone had this problem before?
On the other hand, our old Maytag lasted over 25 years without any
maintenance. Never once had to take the thing apart to remove lint under the
So you are sure that the vent is not clogged with lint?
Not the screen that is a part of the dryer, but the pipe in the wall
that takes the lint and moist air to the exterior of the home?
A clogged vent can keep a dryer from running properly and will burn
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.