87 at 1 in the morning`

This is unusual weather, for sure, although it happens a few days every year so it's not that unusual.

And it's 87 degrees out at 1 in the morning in my suburban zipcode. And the humidity has risen to 61 percent here in the Baltimore area.

What good would a whole house fan do today?

(Without using any AC, but the second floor windows open, it says on the 60 year old thermometer with the teddy bear on it, in the 2nd floor bathroom, that it is 86 degrees in the house. I'm going to take a shower, turn on the fan on the window sill over my bed, and go to bed.)

Reply to
mm

Whole house fan is minimal help on a day (night) like that. With the price of a bedroom AC at less than $100, I'd certainly sleep well.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have an old home which has NO Duct work which means no A/C too. Last night it was 80 and humid, but I slept like a polar bear in my 65 degree bedroom. The house has gotten better since I insulated, but yesterday was oppressive. We took a drive to Balt (I live in mid Pa) the outside temp guage in the Ford said 103 at one point in Balt. and 101 in York,Pa.. I have a whole house fan in my garage building which the upstairs is also a living room and den, both those rooms have A/C. The fan is great at moving the air around, the HOT air around!

SD

Reply to
Shopdog