Tankless Water Heaters

I am considering replacing two 50 gallon water heaters with two tankless water heaters. Are they right for me? During a day - we take two showers - do one load of clothes - and one load of dishes. If I use electric tankless water heaters - I can do the install myself. If I do gas tankless water heaters - I must hire someone to do it. I have 200 AMP electric service in the house - also natural gas. I am brainstorming on this - no rush - things are working fine now. Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Just curious:

Why 2?

We probably take 6 showers a day, do 3 or 4 loads of laundry and run the dishwasher at least once and we have ONE 50 gallon water heater. It does the job fine.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Why 2? The two main use points are about 100 feet apart. I may go with one heater and a well-insulated line to the kitchen. I would put the heater next to the shower - and run an overhead insulated 1/2 inch tube to the kitchen. Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart