Stanley tool whatzit

Like the second tool on this page

Cliff Hartle

Yep.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Blunt or sharp?

If it is a blunt end, it is for setting nails. If it is a pointed end, it is for making a self centered starting hole for hinge screws.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I found a Stanley tool someone had given me. It is about three inches long, and 3/4" in diameter, with a round knurled surface. On one end, there is a

1/8" or so rod projecting. On the other, there is a round hole. When you press the 1/8" rod on one end, a 3/32 to 1/16" rod comes out the other end the length of the opposite end. It looks like a ballpoint pen but without the writing end sticking out. The rod is solid through the body. It looks like if you were to put it over a finishing nail, you would hit the top end, and it would countersink the other end, and insure that one could not miss. Is that what it is?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Or down below- "Self-Centering Screw Hole Punch "

BTW- what language is that translated? from?

The nail set is "Designed to eschew marring natalie wood for the time of habituate"

The screw hole punch is "Self-centering feature film idealistic for the sake of hinges & catches"

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I was just looking for a pic and didn't notice the text.

"Won't spoil natalie wood rise"

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

I forgot about the one for hinge screws, I also FOUND mine.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Miklos

on 5/3/2008 12:52 PM SteveB said the following:

It can be used on all finishing nails. On small headed ones, the blunt end will drive the head below the trim surface and make a pocket in the wood around the small head which will accept the putty. On larger headed finishing nails, it just drives the head below the trim surface and the big head hole allows for putty.

Reply to
willshak

LOL. Yes, finding tools is like Christmas, but I mean finding tools that others had lost. Most of my found tools where laying on the road and I stopped to pick them up. If a tool is accidentally left by someone I can call, I always call them to let them know. I know how much it sucks to loose a tool. I've found tools I lost for over ten years in equipment that I serviced again. Funny how many of us can look at two identical but worn tools and know which one is ours.

It's true when they say "A man can never have too many tools".

Tony

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Definitely it. I said that is what I thought it was. I can sure use this on bigger finishing nails.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Blunt end, and looks like it would handle larger finishing nails. Now I want to go get a smaller one for smaller nails. But then I bought a pneumatic t nailer, and I don't have to use finishing nails on baseboards any more.

But I DO need another tool.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Finding tools is exciting like getting a Christmas present. Oh, WOW, I forgot I had this, or Oh that's where I put it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Uh, it's English, but not the kind we normally hear:

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes, and also "You can't be too rich or too handsome."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia