Solar watches

That doesn't work so good if you're in church- or maybe wearing a ghillie suit lying in the grass on the perimeter of the Kabul airport while on a sniper mission to take out the Tall Bunny chief?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I start checking the time when the sermons are running long.

:-)

Andy

Reply to
AK
[snip]

Now, I'm remembering a "Home Improvement" where Tim is talking about loose clothing, while standing in front of a lathe. Then he loses his shirt.

Reply to
Sam E
[snip]

I uses to know someone who had a Volvo with a clock that kept good time but was really hard to set. She never changed it, and just learned it was an hour off half the time.

The gas cans are annoying. I have replaced them with the ones at

say (at least the used to) than they were just for OLD cans (maybe the law required that) but they worked fine with the cans I bought later. They also have caps (useful if you have multiple cans and don't want spouts on every one) and vents.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Did you install the vent? I've got to find the bag it came it. It isn't too bad filling the lawnmower but putting a few gallons in one of the bikes without a vent gets old.

Reply to
rbowman

I am glad you are not upset at me for calling you abnormal.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Now Cindy, you just can't deny your past like it never happened. I know for a fact that you served three seasons on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader squad and were a finalist for one of the Real Housewives series...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I got a big funnel from Rural King and I don't use the spout at all filling my boat. I can get 5 gallons in there in about 30 seconds with a vented can, Unvented takes a little longer but not much. I have a few old spouts for filling yard equipment but they don't hold much anyway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good thing this is usenet or you wouldn't need a doctor for your gender reassignment surgery...

Reply to
rbowman

I thought I saw on Youtube a while back where you could take a tire valve stem and remove the plunger and makea vent using that on the gas can. There are lots of videos on Youtube showing what to do with the gas cans.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Doesn't matter. I thought his comment was funny.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Come on man. The Cindy we know and love can fart the 1812 overture. The cannon sequence is spectacular.

Reply to
gfretwell
[snip]

I use a small can without a vent for the mower. For a vehicle, the vent makes it empty faster (I don't need to hold it so long) and more smoothly. Also, there may be NO noticeable leaks.

I also remove the black ring around the opening in the can. The part that has no purpose other than to interfere with your opening the can.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Nothing worse than the battery on the danged phone going dead and you don't have a watch - or a phone, or music - and you can't play Candy Crush!!!

My old Seiko lasted 5 years on the original battery, about 4 on the next - and significantly less since - the original battery chemistry is no longer available and the replacement sucks - comparatively speeking

I just pop mine out of the holster and "hey Siri, what time is it?" and my hearing aids tell me the time

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The 'replacement' nozzle comes with a snap open vent like plastic gas cans used to have. I'm not sure if the idea is to drill a hole for it. I've got to find it and look at it more closely. I put it in a safe place but you know how that goes.

Reply to
rbowman

I can't say my phone battery has never run down, but for the most part keeping the battery charged is a simple thing that any adult can manage.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Those inductive charging stations make it easier, no cord to screw with and no connector to go bad. My wife has one for her phone. Just drop it in the cradle and it charges. It does encourage bringing electronics into your bedroom tho. Lots of folks think that is a bad idea.

Reply to
gfretwell

I suppose it's a bad idea for the undisciplined. My phone and tablet charge on my nightstand. The charging station has a short cord (maybe 8 inches) for each of them. Very convenient. The tablet is right there in case I wake up early and want to look at the weather forecast or read or something.

I have the phone configured to refrain from alerting me between

8 pm and 5 am, except for people on my contact list (so that my mother and her doctor can get hold of me). I guess that leaves me vulnerable to calls from various restaurants where I frequently order take-out, but I'm willing to risk it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

The only thing we shut down are lights. Anything that's on between the living room and bed room gets shut off by hand as we walk through the house. In the morning I walk to the kitchen and turn on the light there. Couldn't be easier. I don't need light to navigate in my own house.

Do you sleep alone? I'd be reluctant to use any voice query/response for fear of waking my husband.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

If you still use a cord I will recommend one of those magnetic charging cords. It takes that connector out of the picture and they are a frequent failure point. I have them on most of my stuff. If you get the end close, the magnet sucks it in and it charges. If you walk away without disconnecting it the magnet breaks free with no damage.

Reply to
gfretwell