Self storage units

I don't know how it is packed but I bet it is not just thrown in a box. I bet it is sealed in plastic, then put in the box.

As for salt, I looked at a little snack, Camembert & Bacon Chicken Baguette. 250 grams. (8oz) Sodium 612mg, that is about a third of what you should have in a day. Why not just eat a bag of potato chips?

As for preservatives, there are at least a half dozen preservatives and a larger number of other chemical thickeners, emulsifiers, flavour enhancers and artificial flavours. Some are harmless, some troubling, like Sodium Nitrite. I will applaud OZ giving them numbers so they are easy to look up. This is the list

Chicken (78%), Seasoning (Crumb, Feta Cheese (Cheese [Pasteurised Milk, Salt, Starter Culture, Enzyme (Non Animal Rennet), Calcium Chloride (509)]), Camembert Cheese (Water, Camembert Cheese (39%) (Contains Milk) (Milk, Salt, Starter Culture, Non-Animal Enzyme), Cheese (6%) (Contains Milk) (Milk, Salt, Starter Culture, Non-Animal Enzyme), Thickener (1442), Mineral Salts (452, 339), Citrus Fiber, Citric Acid And Stabilizer (466)), Bacon (Pork (81%), Water, Salt, Sugar, Emulsifiers (451, 450, 452), Dextrose (Maize, Tapioca), Antioxidant (316), Acidity Regulator (330), Sodium Nitrite (250), Smoke Flavour, Rosemary Extract. Smoked), Onion, Spinach, Celery Salt (Salt, Celery, Anti-Caking Agent (551)), Thickener (412), Natural Flavouring), Bacon (Pork (89%), Water, Salt, Sugar, Mineral Salts (450, 451), Antioxidant (316), Preservative (250), Natural Wood Smoke), Seasoning (Dehydrated Garlic, Mixed Herbs (Parsley, Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme, Sage), Dehydrated Carrot, Sugar, Rice Or Maize Flour, Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Peppers, Ground Coriander, Black Pepper, Anti-Caking Agent (170), Vegetable Oil (Canola), Flavour Enhancer (635), Ground Mustard, Antioxidant (330)), Ghee

For cooking, my toaster oven would do just fine but a "happy meal" like this might be as good in the microwave if I was going to choke one down.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ah, another intellectually curious guy.

Reply to
gfretwell

You have to admit it isn't the same tho, it just helps you cope ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

There you go. That is real food. I cooked Mahi on the grill with steamed broccoli and a little angel hair pasta tossed in garlic butter and thyme.

Reply to
gfretwell

I count 6 if he goes nuts and sprinkles the parmesan on it.

BTW if you are farting around, I don't want to be in your kitchen ;-)

Some people actually enjoy the idea of cooking their own food from basic ingredients and knowing what they are eating. They also get to make it just the way they like it. For me it is like building things that I might be able to buy.

It is not some business man's idea of what you will choke down, stores well, ships well and he can make cheap.

Reply to
gfretwell

I skipped the dill seed and parmesan. Go eat your junk food, live long and prosper. Or not.

Reply to
rbowman

More fool you.

It isnt junk food and isnt all I eat either.

I have done just that, much better than you have in both respects.

And I'm not morbidly obese like you lot either.

Reply to
Joey

I enjoy the idea of my wife cooking our food... She does too (great baker).

Reply to
krw

Yep, Rodie and Joey are joined at the wrist.

Reply to
krw

Agreed, it's not the same but neither is a CABG.

Reply to
krw

So I've learned. Joey can join Rod in my grease trap.

Reply to
rbowman