Tanglefoot and cicadas

If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?

Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?

The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two earlier. So I have about 11 days.

OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the

19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked, not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their camera to make the images look more like Mars.

There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree, but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.

What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?

Reply to
micky

For one thing, I heard that cicada insects taste yucky.

Reply to
Transition Zone

Of all of the different insects I've tasted, none have tasted yucky. I haven't tried cicadas, but numerous web sites report that they're delicious when you gather them before their exoskeleton has hardened.

Jim Joyce

I'd rather know about how good of fish bait are they.

Reply to
Transition Zone