Storage heater insulation

*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace the insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the pad is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*
On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:

Fibreglass goes pretty high on temperature. I hope it's not asbestos.
NT
Depends how old they are. Mine are relatively recent and the insulation looks a bit like stuff you get in lofts!
Maybe we could get Donald Trump to flog us some old space shuttle tiles? :-) Brian
--
----- --
On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:

Didn't take me very long to google storage heater insulation
http://www.storageheater.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=insulation+pad
Owain
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:15:34 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I /added/ rock wool insulation to mine; the pad was in good condition but the front got hot and most of the heat had gone before evening. After extra insulation it still had heat at bedtime.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away