Oil burner motor whistling

Hi, my burner motor (that sucks air in and powers the oil pump) has started whistling. The whistle starts about 2 minutes after the motor first spins up and comes and goes during operation. Apart from giving it a good clean, just wondering if I can / should lubrica te it and what sort of lubricant I should use? Here’s a link to the type of motor : https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Burne r-Motor-for-Buderus-Bre1-Bde-1-Man-Re-1-De1-DW-2-Thyssen-TR-1-110-Watt/1466 560610 Thanks for any advice! Adam
On Monday, 15 October 2018 18:17:50 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

ed whistling. The whistle starts about 2 minutes after the motor first spin s up and comes and goes during operation.

cate it and what sort of lubricant I should use?

ner-Motor-for-Buderus-Bre1-Bde-1-Man-Re-1-De1-DW-2-Thyssen-TR-1-110-Watt/14 66560610

ATF is very good for bearings that aren't going well.
NT
Bearings from the sound of it. Might be a temp fix to lubricate, but could be wear. Brian
--
----- --
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:17:47 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Whistle or a squeal?
Others have said bearings but I'd expect more of a squeal and for it to not come and go once started.
A whistle could be from air flow through/around something, somewhere. Give it a good clean out and see if it goes away.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Are you sure that the noise comes from the motor rather than the oil pump, or maybe a bearing for the fan - if there is such a bearing? Oil pumps don't last for ever!
--
Michael Chare

Michael Chare has brought this to us :

It might also be an air leak, which will vary with the temperature.
Looks like a pretty standard burner motor with fan one end and oil pump mount at the other. There are a few standard failures that could produce a whistle. Fan touching the casing especially when warmed up Bearing failure, likely the pump end one if the pump shaft seal is failing and allowing kerosene to reach the bearing. Commonly used bearings are shielded type with high temperature rating (C3 type) Oil starvation - most likely cause part blocked filter. See how you go and report back