Safe mail-order pharmacy, .pharm??

A friend and I were talking about mail order pharmacies, and I thought I read or heard, but I can't find it online, that if you want a safe, certified mail-order pharmacy, its website should end in .pharm.

Yet I've only read this once.

Do you known anything about this?

OR do you know what the last part of a url is called, the part that is .com, .org, .gov etc?

And what ever happened to .biz? I never see it though it's 5 or 10 years old.

Reply to
micky

"Another way to find an accredited website is to look for .pharmacy at the end of the web address. When a website ends in .pharmacy, it has been accredited by NABP. Unlike logos, the .pharmacy domain cannot be faked or forged."

There might be a little conflict since the NABP also sells sites in the .pharmacy domain.

"In 2014, the NABP launched the generic top-level domain (gTLD) .pharmacy, "to provide consumers around the world a means for identifying safe, legal, and ethical online pharmacies and related resources".[7]

The impartiality of the domain has been questioned, because Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., and Pfizer are the main contributors to the NABP application. Previously, that application was challenged by Public Citizen, Knowledge Ecology International, and the Canadian International Pharmacy Association.[8]"

Reply to
rbowman

No.

It's called a Top Level Domain, or TLD.

Jim Joyce

I get all my scripts from CVS whose website is caremark.com

What someone in group might tell me is a reliable way to get my blood thinner from Canada which is about one third of what I pay even with the insurance. Has anyone here dealt with Canada? I also believe you need a script from a Canadian doctor.

Reply to
invalid unparseable
[snip]

Can't comment on the Canadian issue, but have you taken a look at costplusdrugs.com ? It's an Internet/mail order pharmacy which Marc Cuban, a Texian Billionaire, set up to, yes, sell drugs at signfinactly less than the standard pricing.

The list is a bit limited, but worth checking out.

(I've been using them for a year now)

Reply to
danny burstein

If you qualify for TRICARE pharmacy benefits (if you do, you'll know it), the express scripts web site ends in .com

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Aha. I knew that term once. Turns out there are many TLDs available that I never see used.

Turns out there is .farm, but it's for farmers, etc.

And as you point out there is:

which says "The generic top-level domain (gTLD) .pharmacy was launched by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) in 2014. The goal was to "provide consumers around the world a means for identifying safe, legal, and ethical online pharmacies and related resources". A review by the NABP of more than 10,800 websites selling prescription drugs "found that nearly 97% do not follow pharmacy laws and standards established to protect the public health".[1]

The impartiality of the domain was questioned, because Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., and Pfizer are the main contributors to the NABP application. Previously, the application was challenged by Public Citizen, Knowledge Ecology International, and the Canadian International Pharmacy Association." [Those darn Canadians!]

Well it sounds like a good idea, but it's 9 years old and little used if at all. So I won't hunt for one.

Reply to
micky
[snip]

Top-level domain.