Roof caulk??

Roof caulk?? open original image

Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay window. Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?

Kpow32

  No , they should have used step flashing . That mess is gonna leak - probably sooner rather than later .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

+1

He can find pictures of step flashing. Part of the problem is that it wasn' t done right before either. The siding should end about an inch above the s hingles, with step flashing. With siding close or touching the shingles, wa ter wicks up and rots the wood. I would check the rest of the job closely t oo.

Reply to
trader_4

Kpow32 posted for all of us...

Like others have stated: NO