Republic Windows

Anyone heard of a company called Republic Windows. I had a salesman visit me today and try to sell me on them. Most of his pitch was about how bad the other companies were (Andesen, pella, etc) and how Republic was the best in the country. Any feedback would be really, really appreciated.

Reply to
Sunday4

Yes. Never buy a product from a company that bad-mouths their competitors.

Reply to
Bruce

Consumer Reports rated alot of windows , If he is cutting Anderson he is a stupid lier

Reply to
mark Ransley

I have a home with over 50 Andersen windows. More than 40 have failed and will be replaced by Andersen...however they don't pay for the replacement, they are just shipping replacement windows. I need to hire a contractor to remove the old windows and install the new ones. I'd never buy an Andersen window again.

Boden

mark Ransley wrote:

Reply to
EL

El then whose would you buy. Windows fail. But more often window companies Fail to honor warrantys . There are many factors to what makes a window good.

Reply to
mark Ransley

I'm not actively looking now, but my impression is that Pella has a better product. The issue with mine is that they have leaked so that the argon that was placed between the panes is there no longer and on high barometric pressure days the inner and outer panes touch. The technology to implement a leak free seal exists but it was not employed by Andersen. They opted to "glue" the panes to the spacer and that is not a gas tight seal for molecules as small as argon.

mark Ransley wrote:

Reply to
EL

I have pella and Anderson, Ill say this I dont know where you live , or how you keep your humidity but Pellas condense my Andersons dont . Windows are rated for this, but I paid no attention to the condensing factor. Every morning in winter I try to wipe my Pellas so the water doesnt cause damage. Anderson has a clearer glass now I dont know how old yours are but their new coating machine is a 30 million machine that coats them with metal at the atomic level. Where do you live, your glass is sucked together!! What does Anderson say, How big are your panes.

Reply to
mark Ransley

How have they failed ? Air leaks in the glass ? Mechanical problems ?

Reply to
Jimmy

quite low, 20 to 30% RH but Pellas condense my Andersons dont .

1992 installation

but their new coating machine is a 30 million machine

Yes, The Newton's rings are amazing.

What does Anderson say, How big are

They range from 18" x 48" on up with some large as 120" x 71".

Reply to
EL