Replaced ignition cylinder

The Getz is a little pisscutter that is not sold in North America - basically a "microcar".

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Same as the CRX

The Getz is fine when whet and not graded. Never been graded either.

Still works fine.

Bullshit, and I have grounded mine a few times.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope, much bigger than a microcar. It's a small hatch.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

About the same size as the current Nissan Micra Versa or the old Geo Metro. In Noth America that's "Micro" - or small sub-compact. Actually it is about 20KG lighter than theMicra, 180mm narrower, about 70MM higher, and the wheelbase is about 25mm shorter. Overall it's al;most

100mm shorter (2008 to 2008 comparison) It's a meter longer than a Toyota IQ and about the same hight and width, and about 150KG heavier. The IQ is Toyota's answer to the Smart.
Reply to
Clare Snyder

I have been pretty specific as to make and year but I understood that was the standard steering wheel collar when they went to the locking wheel. I also know you could snatch that cylinder with a slap hammer puller but getting one to stay back in there might be tough. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Nope and neither are those other two.

But not a microcar.

But still not a microcar.

The SMART is a microcar. A Getz is a lot bigger than a SMART.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

That was when I started my career as a mechanic and where I worked then was a "sub dealer" for GM in a small town. Then in 1972 I worked for an AMC dealer - and AMC used Saginaw (GM) steering columns in many of their vehicles. Saginaw Gear was the manufacturer of the GM locking steering column - both fixed and tilt. Ignition cyl problems were FAR from unknown on vehicles under 5 years old. My years in general repair shops in later years saw many more.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Compared to a real vehicle like a F150 or even a much smaller crossover like an Edge, they are all micro cars.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bigger than a For2 - but not a For4

A For4 is 3mm longer than a Getz. It is 240mm wider. It is 90mm lower, and the wheelbase is 70mm longer. It is 15Kg lighter.

I'd say the comparison is "pretty darn close" - so if a Smart (For4) is a microcar, so is a Getz.

A getz is 1200mm longer than a Foe2, 85mm wider, 9mm lower. The wheelbase is 818mm longer

"Microcar" or not - it is a "pisscutter" - something like a puddlejumper but not capable of making it across - - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

poh-tay-toe poh-tah-toe

... they're all little wee friggers !

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Have you seen what they look like after a bingle? The crumple zone finishes at the tail lights. ;-)

Reply to
Xeno

Interesting, we don't have the IQ here but we do have the Getz.

Reply to
Xeno

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

The F150 isnt even a f****ng car.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The For4 isnt a microcar, the For2 is.

All completely irrelevant to what a microcar is. The For2 and the IQ are both microcars. The Getz and the Honda Jazz arent.

It isnt.

Nope, it's a small hatch.

So is a lot bigger than the For2 which certainly is a microcar.

The For2 is a 2 seater and so is the IQ. The Getz and the Jazz are 5 seaters.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something. It goes like a f****ng rocket, essentially because its so light with a very decent engine.

Reply to
jeikppkywk