replace dishwasher

Need to replace our old dishwasher. I've never tried anything like this. Is this a hard project? Any tips or special tricks I should know? I would appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks for your help. Dan

Reply to
Dan

We had a new one installled recently and I watched the install. It's really straighforward, and the new DW will come with install instructions.

But OTOH, it was only $25 to have someone else do it...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

If that were possible here, I would probably have some one install it, but most places charge a minimum of $50 some nearly $100. OTOH, if someone else installed it for $25, I would probably have to do some adjusting--move the supply line, fix a leak, change the supply valve position, adjust the height of the machine in the cabinet,etc. so it would be easier if I installed it.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Hi,

This may help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

It costs the retailer more than $25 so for the places that charge only $25, they are hiding part of the cost to install into the price.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Check Lowes or Home Depot. They may have a rebate on standard installation. Also consider their 4 extra years of warranty for $89. Dishwashers are not holding up the way they used to.

Reply to
Art