Rats

Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to have sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the wife was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out garage. Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the rafters are full of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA Cats are out BTW.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

You might want to call an exterminator.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Try a rat zapper. You can get them on ebay. I don't have rats.. but they work wonderful for getting rid of mice.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Sounds interesting. Is it one model of Zapper for both mice and rats? One size?

Reply to
F.H.

Your best bet is a local exterminator. Rats tend to become good avoiders or immune to many materials. The local exterminator knows what works and has access to materials that can not be legally sold to non-licensed individuals.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

i feed rats decon from hardware store.it kicks their butts to the next life..lucas

ds549

Rat traps and other rodent control devices can be had at any farm supply store. If you're in a sporting mood, back these up with a good pellet gun like Midwestern folks do. Don't know if Texans favor larger caliber weapons of small destruction like they used to. Cheers,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

DROP AN ATOMIC BOMB ................

Reply to
someone

What are they in their next life? Possums maybe?????? Or do they get smaller and become mice??????

Reply to
someone

During the Middle Ages, cats got the reputation as "familiars" of Satan. Killing cats was the Christian thing to do.

Rats multiplied like crazy and with them, fleas.

The resulting Bubonic Plague wiped out 1/3rd of Europe.

Do you want to die a painful death, marked by festering pustules of rot and so disfigured that when you pass this mortal coil, God himself will not recognize you?

If not, please reconsider your position on cats.

Reply to
HeyBub

I knew there had to be *something* Christians and I could agree on.

Reply to
F.H.

I got the larger one... Uses 4 d batteries so it pack a bigger punch... I've heard some people joking around on the internet that they hate rats and mice so much they want to hook it up to 110..... I can't testify for rats (I don't have them) but it works great for mice. Probably worth a try.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

What kind of catrs did they have that would kill an adult Norway Rat?

Reply to
gfretwell

F.H.