How Long Has This Been Going On?

*spits*

I just caught our four month old Pixie-Bob kitten in the bathroom licking our toothbrushes.

Ew.

Not nearly as disgusting as the time I caught our Basset Hound gorging on 'Kittie-Roca' from the kittie litter box, though.

Developing....

Reply to
Emmi H.

Thanks for sharing.

What is the most embarassing thing YOU have ever eaten?

AM

Reply to
AM

emmi.

i have been looking to buy a pixie-bob for some time now.

i like them.

do you have any you would like to sell/part with?

whit

Reply to
Ribo

I swallowed Nixon's promise that he had a secret plan to end the Vietnam War.

Reply to
Eric da Red

No problemo.

Can't say I've ever eaten anything that embarrassed me, AM.

Reply to
Emmi H.

Sorry, we just have the one kitten.

A co-worker bought her in Maine as a companion for her adult cat and ferret, but she turned out to be too much of a handful, so I bought her for my eldest daughter - She does tend to wear my other three cats out (Fripp, Eno and Ezekiel), but they just jump up to a higher place she can't get to (yet) when they're tired of her.

Anyhow, there are a number of Pixie-Bob catteries in Washington State - Beware of newspaper ads listing 'em for well under the accepted asking price, though.

Be prepared to spend a minimum of $800.00 on a true Pixie-Bob, and the price for a truly exceptional kitten can even be as high as $2000.00.

Here are a couple of links to some local catteries:

Reply to
Emmi H.

thanx. i'll check the links. my neighbor has one, and it is just the coolest cat ever. i am kind of more of a dog person, but i'm away from home too much for a dog. :(

pixie bob sounds like the perfect pet for me

whit

Reply to
REDSOXROOL

The kitty on that page has four-wheel-drive. Do -all- pixie bobs have 8 feet?

-Cap

Reply to
Cap'n Tr\/th

Why are they called pixie-bobs?

-- Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed" Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004 You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com

"Again, think type and _them_ make sure that your babble is understood in the common ENGLISH language." -ExcrementOne displays his familiarity with irony

Reply to
DrPostman

Hemingway's were polydactyl. A large colony survive at his home today:

-- Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed" Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004 You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com

"Again, think type and _them_ make sure that your babble is understood in the common ENGLISH language." -ExcrementOne displays his familiarity with irony

Reply to
DrPostman

You might want to do a bit more research, whit.

Pixie-Bobs are very social creatures, much more so than your run-of-the-mill domestic house cat, and probably wouldn't take too kindly to being 'abandoned' for days at a time.

You *could* always get two of 'em so they have each others company, though.

Check out Dart and Chance on this page:

Those two just might be a perfect match for you.

Reply to
Emmi H.

No, some offspring are born with all of the correct colouring and spotting, but sport only five fingers and toes per paw.

The female we have is a bit of a recessive throwback - Orange tabby with six toes and fingers and the ear tufting, but her fur is tan where the fur would have been white in a traditional orange tabby - She is also the runt of the litter, and will probably never weigh more than four or five pounds when fully grown.

Reply to
Emmi H.

HISTORY OF THE PIXIE-BOB:

The Traditional Pixie-Bob is a special breed of domestic cat with the added interest of wild ancestors. It is well known, and not considered unusual, that wild and domestic cats can and will breed if left to their own devices. This has been occurring for decades in situations where domestic cats are left outdoors to roam. The legendary ancestry of the Pixie-Bob is based upon this premise. Though The Traditional Cat Association, Inc. does not advocate allowing any cat to roam free in today¹s world of dangers and diseases, this has happened in the past.

A small Pacific Northwest, Coastal Red Bobcat and a short-tailed polydactyl barn cat were observed following Mother Nature in 1985. Thinking their cat was being harmed, the owners ran to the scene to save their cat. In the resulting litter of kittens was a male polydactyl, who was noticed by the keen eye of Carol Ann Brewer. Intrigued with the kittens very interesting appearance and special behavior, Carol purchased the cute male kitten.

With a breeding program in mind, Carol called her first cat a "Legend Cat". Within a year she managed to find one more cat with the same kind of heritage, and a third from unknown heritage but with good size, similar appearance and tail length. Therefore, the breed began due to a chance mating of a Bobcat and a domestic short hair. "At first, when these cats came to me, I didn¹t believe the stories of matings between wild bobcats and barn cats, " Carol Ann Brewer stated, "When I had babies, I had to accept it. Their appearance brought back to me that this was something people had been talking about for hundreds of years."

Pixie, a female kitten resulting from a mating of two of the original breeding cats, was covered with muted spotting on her reddish to fawn colored coat. Reflections of her bobcat heritage were evident in her very wild looking face, with tufting on her ear tips too. Pixie has the distinction of being the foundation of the dam line for most of the females in the breeding program, and being the namesake for the breed. Her "Pixie dust" was the leavening for Carol Ann Brewer¹s, Stone Island Cattery in Bellingham, Washington, the founder of the breed. Carol said, "Pixie had such a wild beauty that I knew I couldn¹t stand not having her face around for the rest of my life." With three more "Legend Cats" from local places were added to the program, which resulted in the Pixie-Bob breed.

Reply to
Emmi H.

and i have to add that these cats have the greatest personalities.

if you are looking for a cat with dog-like qualities, you can't beat the pixie bob

whit

Reply to
REDSOXROOL

that was exactly what i was planning. i am going to get two cats.

i was thinking either two pixies, or a pixie and a shelter cat

i am leaning towards the latter choice, because i want to give a shelter cat a home. i;m not worried about pixies being euthanized, but i know it's a reality for shelter cats.

those are appealing

whit

Reply to
REDSOXROOL

or wash things before puting them in your mouth

careful acts that spring allow realized ego to a mindful end arf meow arf peers use parks sadly earls now dwell on wane or fro take all law on next

Reply to
mariposas morgan mair fheal gr

I'll be darned, sounds like a really neat critter!

Reply to
=The Commentator =

Agreed. I am happy with the two I got almost 2 years ago, but I might be interested in getting one if I ever lose them.

-- Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed" Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor winner - August 2004 You can email me at: DrPostman(at)gmail.com

"Again, think type and _them_ make sure that your babble is understood in the common ENGLISH language." -ExcrementOne displays his familiarity with irony

Reply to
DrPostman

I'm looking for a cat like the one I left with my ex-wife & son:

Three weeks after being declawed (front paws only), she escaped from the house and ripped the bejeezus out of another cat. Many years later, they have some sort of understanding. Became a semi-outdoor cat, but stays on the property. However, if my son goes skateboarding, she stalks him from behind bushes up & down the street, but stays out of the street and always returns home when he does. Got beat up by a squirrel once, and now chases them only for sport. When bulbs are planted on that property, they stay planted. Makes all sorts of noise if she notices anything moving outdoors at night. Not enough noise for someone outside to hear, but enough for people to be aware of something going on. If someone could isolate THAT gene, they could breed and sell cats like that to every gun owner in America.

At age 3, she was lounging on the picnic table when a stray Great Dane trotted over to sniff her. She sent it home with a large gash that required stitches to repair. I have no idea how, since she only had claws in back. We just heard a snarl, a bark, and saw the bloody dog as it turned to leave. Whatever the case, any cat that'll redesign a dog's face just for fun is a valuable cat to have. Incidentally, the dog catcher agreed to not fine the owner for the stray violation (apparently the 2nd violation), if the owner didn't bug us for money to cover the stitches.

The only cat food she'll eat is plain, dry Purina. She'll suggest that people share tuna or salmon with her, and insists on being given about 1/4 of a slice of cheese once every couple of weeks. She's now 10 years old. The vet says she's the healthiest cat she's ever seen. Indoors, she's still as playful and affectionate as when she was a kitten. Totally schizophrenic. The perfect cat.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Are they noisy? Had a friend with a Siamese, and while I like cats ( I better, we have five) the near constant howling got a little much after awhile.

Reply to
=The Commentator =