Paslode nailer for D-I-Y

I have been putting up the rafters in my extension 10 rafters 220x45x4.5 metres.Started screwing them together with philips screws got bored after

100 and thought a Paslode would work better. Why not a hammer. 1 Its medieval. 2 I cannot hammer in nails for toffee. 3 I have neuron disease so shocks travelling around are not a good idea. Off to the hire shop emerged with gas and nailer £50 lighter-a weeks hire-Ive got 2000 nails to go. Ist observation a 4000 nail pack costs about £50 including gas-there are 850 D-I-Y packs--if you can find them.I got 1000 nails "left over" and a can of gas for £15. Up the scaffold nailing the rafters second nail clipped the edge of the rafter and pinged between my legs whining off the concrete floor-respect needed here. Its awkward to use nailing in corners and needs a fair bit strength/technique to use but once you get the hang of it its great for dwanging the rafters which eats up fixings. Its surprisingly light 2.5 kilo s and well balanced.You must think out your technique of using in confined spaces-my wife is much better at using it than me. She hides behind the wall when I use it!!. You must unload the battery when you move it as its almost always armed when its got battery and gas in. Its certainly not a tool for slipshod operation and you need to be aware when its charged up-it charges up when you strike the wood to be fastened I found this irritating- the charge time seemed to last forever but then you can bang in several nails with one charge.
Reply to
tom patton

I can't understand the premise for the rest of the post.

You have ten bits of wood you need to fix to wallplates?

You couldn't hammer the nails in straight so you decided to use screws?

You were using an ordinary screwdriver?

So you decided to use a machine and the one of choice is an hired nail gun?

Why not buy a battery operated screwdriver?

What did you use 100 screws on? 5 at the top and 5 at the bottom = 100 so what did you need the rest for?

Apart form the fact that a man who can't knock in nails shouldn't be allowerd on a roof, never mind run the job, you should not have been allowed near a nailgun on the ground, never mind in the sky.

How do you take the nails out if the rafters need moving?

Idiot.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

You can come round and finish my extension off any time you like mate!!

Reply to
markybay

You're misunderstanding. The nailgun is an ideal motivational tool for management.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I used one of these the other day, and it lives up there neer the top of my list of dangerous tools, neer "chain saw" and "ladder".

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Reply to