ELECTRIC boxes

I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb adaptor in a square box. Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

Reply to
Anonymous

If the blue box is a four inch square, you can get a three inch round reducing cover to screw onto it, which will accept the pull chain fixture. If it's not, just change the box

Reply to
RBM

Is this the only power in the shed? If so, maybe you could run length of romex from the existing box to a new box for the light. That way you'd have an outlet *and* a light.

Of course, that's after you pull a permit, hire an architect to plan the locati> I've got a small shed out back.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I would say you are bitter. But alas it is only experience with the system speaking.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

And dont forget to get permission from the POPE......

Yeah, I'd keep the outlet and put a light a foot or so away, and use a plastic or metal octogon box.

Reply to
someone

Have a qualified electrican just run a feed to new round boxes, so you don't loose anything, but gain light.

Just thinking out loud.....

tom @

Tom The Great