Purpose of shower switch

Well, as you were first to bite...

Reply to
Richard

The heating element, and in low water pressure areas, possibly a pump.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

The only stupid people here are those that can't killfile. Instead they like to moan and groan.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I've got more money than you, and that is all that counts. So, go f*ck yourself Hucker

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

So someone who stole =A310 million from a bank fraud would be better tha= n you in your books.

Or some loudmouthed chav who won =A320 million on the lottery?

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Strange. We just have central water heaters and pressurized plumbing. The water heater is required to be bonded and there is enough metal surface area to bond the water. No switching devices or receptacles are allowed in the shower space and any lights are required to be 8 feet up with a water resistant "shower trim".

Reply to
gfretwell

We tend to have gas powered boilers that heat the water for sinks and the radiators. But for some reason not the shower - no idea why as they're a similar power rating.

When was the last time a policeman inspected this?

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Or laugh when you make a woman scream because the water goes chilly.

But there's a switch or fuse in the fusebox you can use for both of those things.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

What we in the US have to understand is the British seem to put a switch on everything.

My son lives in London, and in his flat (aka apartment) even the regular wall outlets each have a switch, right in the same housing.

Also most water heaters are electric, and are the on-demand type, located in the bathroom (aka "the loo")

Reply to
""Retired"

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 17:04:58

-0000,

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Have you ever wondered why you have soooo little success with the ladies?

Reply to
GB

The police don't inspect receptacles, that's usually the medical examiner's job.

Reply to
Dr Mallard

Why would I want a lady who's afraid of cold water? These kind are much more fun:

Steven Watkins

Steven Watkins wrote

Because that's how your stupid regulatory authoritys decided it must be done.

Fraid so.

Its done like that for the other situation, so you don't get out of the shower dripping wet and use the switch dripping wet and get a shock that way.

Correct.

But that's one that can be safely used dripping wet.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That is NOT a receptacle! It's an exit passage only!

Reply to
Steven Watkins

Irrelevant.

Because that's not practical.

They do.

Because, if the person in the shower has just got electrocuted, they would be too, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

At least you agree it's stupid.

But it doesn't make anything safer.

What switch? I'm, saying there shouldn't be any external switch anywhere. Everyone turns the shower off on the shower itself while they're still in it.

And so can the one on the shower, because that's already splashed to hell while you wash. So if you want to adjust the temperature, do you actually get out, turn off the isolation switch, then change the temperature, then turn it back on and get back in? The controls on a shower are waterproof!

Reply to
Steven Watkins

No idea but in old persons showers there is often a kind of vertical wire secured at the bottom that is pulled if the person has a fall and cannot get up. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or scolded. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And being scolded prevents you just getting out does it?

Anyway, showers are designed with overheat protection. Mine is quite annoying and cuts the power long before it's anything like painful. Or just because the pressure drops slightly in the mains, it panics and cuts out. And doesn't modern society believe that the cold can kill you just as easily?

Reply to
Steven Watkins