Power Vent Hot Water Heater

Hi all. I have a 7 year old Power Vent Hot water heater. It heats water just fine, but my problem is that the blower keeps running. It never shuts off. I never noticed this before & I'm just not sure if it's a problem. Can anyone answer ?

- Should it run all the time?

- If not, what controls it?

- Have you ever seen this problem before?

Thanks in Advance! Ron

Reply to
slug-list

Its been a while since I've done a power vent and I can't exactly remember the nuts and bolts of it, but no, it shouldn't run continuously. The water heater aquastat should initiate the blower sequence. Once the blower starts it closes a circuit on a pressure switch allowing the burner to start. Once the aquastat is satisfied, the blower either shuts off or goes through a timing cycle and then shuts off

Reply to
RBM

It sounds like a relay has failed in the safe mode.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

As noted, it should not run all the time. Different mfr's used different control schemes. Go to the mfr site and see if there is any support available. Or find out there what parts are replaceable.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Mr. Meehan is wrong as usual. most power vented heaters don't even use a relay. what brand is this and model number?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Reply to
hvactech2