how often should hot water heater turn on question

We just had a new Bradford White TTW2 65 gal hot water heater installed. A little bit noisy when the blower comes on--makes a whistling sound right at the point the air enters into the blower, but the real question is how often should the heater be firing up to heat the water. We don't use much hot water right now since we are in the midst of remodling, but seems like the heater is firing up too frequently to heat the water esp if it hasn't been used for a few hours. How long should the tank hold the water hot at 120 degrees before turning on. Once you use some hot water then the burner kicks on . Thanks.

Reply to
patliz

~ 10 times per day.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

depends on ambient where it is located. Get some of that silver insulating foil at the home center and wrap it especially the top. I did helps a bunch my heater is in the garage which can get cold. If it has electronic ignition on the heater you could put a time clock on it and force it to only turn on a couple of times a day.

Reply to
SQLit

some come on longer, less often. some come on more often, for a shorter period of time. if its on for a long time, often, you got a problem

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Why would you want to heat hot water? Are you nuts?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives