pancreatic cancer and RBG

A while back there was a short discussion about Ruth Ginsberg retiring from the USSC while Stumpie was the so-called prez. I said, I hope not, but I too thought she's getting old and she's been sick and it didn't seem that unlikely.

So the article below is about that topic. Her plan is to serve 9 more years, or more. She would have had to retire 4 years ago to have a Democrat appoint her successor, which would have been 13 years before she was ready. I can see why she didn't do it.

And while the senator should have referred to retirement instead of death, it's true that pancreatic cancer is, or at least has been, just about always fatal. A friend and neighbor of mine died of it in her

60's only a month or so after they learned she had it. I don't know what they did to treat Mrs. Ginsberg, or how many places have that treatment, or how often it works.
Reply to
micky

short version: there are broadly speaking two types (many more, of course..) of pancreatic cancer. Yes, one of them is of the "call your lawyer and finalize your will". The other is treatable and can be, as much as any cancer can be, kept under control.

Reply to
danny burstein

Oh. I didn't know that. I don't know if this is good or bad. It would be good if there were a cure on the market for a formerly fatal form of cancer, and bad if that's not true.

But it's good that not every case is terminal.

I guess that congressman that said she'd be dead in 9 months didn't know that either. He did apologize to her not long after.

Reply to
micky

Some people have been known to use the Internet to search for reputable web sites. They can then read about and sometimes actually learn about stuff ..

But buyer beware - it's a deviously enticing lure... .. a slippery slope : " Honey, do I look yellower than usual ? " John T.

Reply to
hubops