Read it, and weep ...

every SINGLE word!!

Reply to
Swingman

> Read every SINGLE word!!

I read the first sentence and almost went into cardiac arrest.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

> Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize when we make 'em again.

:-/

Reply to
Morris Dovey

> Read every SINGLE word!!

Certainly glad that was written over 10 years ago.

Reply to
Leon

Did you read the VERY last line ??

A version of this article appeared in print on September 30, 1999, on page C2 of the New York edition.

Reply to
"<<<

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it wasn't the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.

Reply to
Doug Miller

every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize when we make 'em again.

:-/

Did you read the VERY last line ??

A version of this article appeared in print on September 30, 1999, on page C2 of the New York edition.

Actually that was at the very top of the article also.

Reply to
Leon

>>> Read every SINGLE word!!

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

It is too bad we cannot back in time and make sure this does not happen. but then I also wished for a billion dollars to fall out of the sky! Hindsight is always best.I'm a tax accountant and I did not see this mess coming did any of you? if so please show me were and how you protested publicly and I will give you a prize. It is just another example of the failure of both political parties the democratic president and republican congress. We knew it was a bad idea but let it slide,it was in great Part OUR mistake not the dum dums in Washington

len

Reply to
Len

Oh come on do you expect every one to publish their thoughts to prove what they have said or thought ? Did you notice that the writer of the article indicated that this was coming. That was printed..

The trouble is that the people have no say. Elections simply apease some of us.

But FIY I did see this coming.... Any thing the governmant does to force help for those that have not earned what they are getting ends up in what is now part of the $12 trillion problem. Plain as day....

Oh I don't think they are actually failing. They want the power and are gaining the power every day. In our eyes they are failing but let me assure thaey age doing exactly what they want.

Reply to
Leon

Umm... Wanna be's also happen to be the poorer persons and minorities. Because they are poorer than what is required to be able to afford a home, they are loosing their homes...

Reply to
Leon

It did, for a whole lot of folks ... that was sort of the problem, eh?

Hindsight

First, show me how your particular occupation should be more prescient than any other ...

It is just another example of the failure of both

And, you are dead right on that score ...

Reply to
Swingman

Missing the point, are we? Did you happen to notice how your country was brought to its knees DIRECTLY by policies outlined in the decade old article?

Have you noticed that these very same folks are pointing the finger of blame at others?

Basically, you are collectively a damn bunch of fools ...

Reply to
Swingman

I am sometimes almost terrified at the utter naivete of us: you, me, and all those others, our happy little gang of six billion nitwits. We are so self assured in our petty knowledge. We always know, of course, that we were wrong before, but are sure that we are not wrong now.

--Richard C. Henry

Reply to
burtwitlin

The first signs of insanity:

"Continuing to do exactly the same thing and expecting different results."

Our greed-driven society?

Reply to
RonB

Under this program described in 1999 when Clinton was President, I sold a house. While I was able to purchase my next house with an interest rate of about 5.4%, the person who bought my house finally got a loan for over 11%. She was a beautician, he was unemployed, they had an 85% debt to income ratio. With minimal income their monthly payment was twice what I was paying.

The outcome of this type of financial deals was obvious when we sold the house in 2000. We should be thanking the people at AGI, Fannie May, and others for being able to keep the lid on this disaster for as long as they did. They deserve every penny they got.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Instead, thank both your congressmen and the bankers who bought and paid for them. This is provably by design, and not accidental in the least ... can you say "home equity loan"?:

Christmas present this year from my youngest daughter was that she would sit down with me and watch this, along with my commentary, and with her full undivided attention.

In return, I couldn't think of a better gift I could give her than for her to understand what most most of the ill educated fools in this country can't seem to grasp.

Reply to
Swingman

You didn't give your daughter's age, but I'll assume that she understood what she watched or that you explained anything she didn't understand. And, that leads me to my question.

What did she say about the show and the current situation many now find themselves in?

Reply to
upscale

> age-lending.html?pagewanted=1

The president is not much of an issue. Its the Senate and the Congress that's screwing the country. The presidents main job is to focus your attention on hisself while the rest of the government rapes you. Give me control of the house and senate and the president can be about anyone you can dream up.

Reply to
Jack Stein

She's 24, back in town from college and living on her own (as much as her Mom will allow, of course).

Keep in mind I've been preaching at her for 24 years, so she was already aware of the fact that, unless you're wealthy, you _always_ need to know to the penny how much money you have or someone is going to take it a way from you, banks being the first in line through credit/debit cards, usurious interest and fee structures.

Thus far, she has not fallen into the trap, but did mention that almost all of her college classmates are drowning in debt, both credit card, and student loan, and acknowledges that they have been conditioned to be that way through the greed based machinations of bankers and their bought and paid for politicians.

Reply to
Swingman