delta bandswas and iturra

no doubt this topic has come up here but have not seen a recent thread

in my search i do not find a website for iturra design

anyone know different

Reply to
Electric Comet

The owner has NEVER ever built a website. Seems he might be techo-phobic or just not interested in having to maintain a site. You can request a catalo g (yes it's printed!) and you will get one in about month (it seems they on ly send them out when they have a print run).

Good luck.

MJM

Reply to
MJ

be techo-phobic or just not interested in having to maintain a site.

You can request a catalog (yes it's printed!) and you will get one in

about month (it seems they only send them out when they have a print run).

Catalog copy (2010) pdf located here:

Brewster

probably not aware that you can have a website that is free and reliable now

may have looked into years ago and saw too much noise

will have to try to get one of these

Reply to
Electric Comet

Doubt that free and reliable makes a difference. Still plenty of people that see no need for computers and those phones that don't have cords any more.

Gota go now. I have to get a new ribbon for my Royal typewriter so I can mail a few letters to my friends.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

When did you quit using the hammer and chisel? '~)

Reply to
Leon

I had 12 rules of life to carve out and the hammer handle broke after 10 of them. Never did finish.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wood burning just plan a head.

Reply to
Markem

In the modern world that is suicide for most businesses.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:s9adnaOI snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I heard you broke all 10 of them when you came down from the mountain and saw the people worshiping that golden calf.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:k9SdneLL2rZv snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The domain name and webhosting are EASY. They're also CHEAP as a business expense goes, ~$5/month for hosting and ~$10 per year for a domain name. (You have to be willing to shop the domain name around, they give you a $10 offer then bump it up to 50 or more the next renewal period. Fortunately, you can rent it for 8-9 years at a time.)

What to put on the site, how to put it on the site and look good, how not to drive your potential readers away in 5 seconds, etc... those are the hard parts. It will also be the expensive part, but well worth it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I liked that golden calf so much I had it bronzed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

[snip]

There are some very good web hosting outfits that offer excellent service, pricing and include the cost of your domain in their rates. They ALL offer low rates for the first block of service and then it goes up. I am currently using

and find them far superior to three other outfits I've used in the past.

Beware of Globat.com or powweb.com. Both owned by the same parent company and have unreliable service (IMHO) and jack up their rates after the initial period - by a lot. They claim you will be paying the "going rate" after your initial period and I'd be fine with that if it were true. However, every time I was up for renewal, I'd look at their current offer where they would say you pay X now but 1.8X when you renew and the renewal rate they wanted to charge me was more like 2.3X.

I'd complain and they would always adjust it downward to what it should be. I got tired of their games and the clogs in their mail servers where email sent from my account might not appear elsewhere for anywhere from 1 hour to 22 hours and vice versa. Sent them packing and now all is well.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

What a waste of good veal!

BTW, wasn't the 11th rule supposed to be "Finish All Projects You Start"?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

There's a reason everyone forgot that one. The rest are easy.

Reply to
krw

Rule 11 Corollary:

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

not only do they see no need but they have a complete lack of trust and they are correct because pretty much everything is compromised and only the perception is managed at this point but even apple is offering bug bounties now

well my carrier pigeon has a bad wing so i upgraded to a ibm selectric

Reply to
Electric Comet

Started building business websites with notepad in the early 90's. Fast forward 25 years and in the past two months have re-vamped my wife's

501(c)(3) business website using SquareSpace:

Trooth, it is indeed much easier these days, and relatively inexpensive. So far this site has been responsible for increasing her summer music camp season, as well as the kid's concerts and theater attendance about three fold.

And the ability for clients to signup for classes and make donations online, all without the hassle of site security for commerce/credit cards etc., has been a surprise to her.

About time to give her an (large) invoice ... ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I like the witr website. The Stripe website (privacy policy) is a different story.

On the witr website "you" (the site owner) say:

"All transactions are secure and encrypted, and we never store your credit card information. Payments are processed through Stripe. Payment information is also governed by Stripe's privacy policy."

I can tell that "you", the site owner, are talking to "me", the person about to enter a bunch of personal and financial information.

However, when I click on the "Stripe's privacy policy" link, the first line reads:

"Welcome to Stripe! Stripe (?we?, ?us? or ?our? ) developed this service to make it easy for you to accept payments online so you can focus on your own product or service."

OK, so they are not talking to *me*, they are talking to the site owner who is using their services. What about me? What are the privacy rights and expectations of the visitor to a site that uses the Stripe services?

I'll admit that I didn't read every single word of Stripe's Privacy Policy, but the sections that I did scan sure seem to be addressing the entity that has the account with them, not the person entering personal informatio n on the account owner's website; information that is going to get passed through to Stripe.

Careful...have you run up any debt that she might want to recoup? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nope, nowhere _on the witr website_ do you see those words above. Here is what is actually said, snipped for brvity:

"Alternately, the Donate Button ..snip.. will allow you to make a convenient, simple, secure, and encrypted online donation via credit card (no data is stored on our servers)."

Which is the factual and actual truth.

Take a look at the change in address bar when you click on the Donate button at the bottom of the Donate page ... you are no longer on the website, governed by "http"; but instead have been immediately directed, via an "https" connection, to a secure, third party server.

But, as clearly indicated in words and practice, information entered not on the website, but instead via secure connection to a third party website.

Simple ... you have a problem trusting that a secure website due to their TOS, don't pull the trigger, send in a check. :)

Reply to
Swingman