Painting A/C Unit

I want to paint my outdoor a/c unit to blend in with the home better. Is there any problems with this as long as I don't allow paint to get on the tube, fan or motor?

Mike Watch for the bounce. If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. If ya see it, it didn't go off. Old Air Force Munitions Saying

Reply to
asmurff

As long as you just paint the metal panels and keep it out of the inside and off the condensing coil (and just be sensible otherwise) there should be no problem. Make sure the mains power is disconnected.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Meat Plow is right but also some times your HVAC tech. can get the right color of paint that the unit was first painted like.

Reply to
Moe Jones

Don't paint over the information plate, mod# ser# amps. etc.

Reply to
kool

"asmurff" wrote in news:Kb-dndQeDcGzVG_bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Go for it.

I wire brushed, sanded and painted two of them before selling houses. They even looked like they ran better :-) Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer then painted. Both spray.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Re-read the OP's first sentence.

Reply to
willshak

Also, please don't paint the fins that release the heat. Please don't paint the information plate with the make and model and all.

Come to think of it, check with your HVAC guy and see what parts to paint, and what not.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I painted min camo, can't even see it now.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Depending on the brand and age, you may be able to get custom panels for it. Check out what York offers. You can configure the picture on this page.

Steve Barker LT

Lol, college logo.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Ya, when my installer offered it at no extra charge, i said "ummm NO".

Steve Barker LT

What good is hidden on the side or back of the house? Now, you have to move the unit to be prominently displayed in the front of the house, maybe at the street end of the driveway. :-)

Reply to
willshak

My girlfriend's boss would have Ohio State on his. I swear he would paint his house school colors if his wife would let him.

Reply to
Meat Plow