Who installs bathroom fan

Want to get a bathroom fan installed, but don't know what contractor to call. Checked our Yellowpages, under Ventilation, very few and all for industrial.

Whom I should talk to for the job, a plumber or electrician, or....?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John61

Either an electrician or a handyman. Is this a replacement? If yes, it is fairly simple and only a couple of wires. If it is a new install, the ceiling has to be cut, a vent to outside, etc. A contractor that does small jobs is ideal. There are often local "handyman" guys that do that sort of thing.

IF you go to a local lumberyard or hardware store you will often find a bulletin board where these guys post their business cards or flyers.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd look for a Handyman or gal, few contractors want to do those small jobs unless it is an off season. There are several handyman search sites on the web, or go to your local hardware store many of them allow tradesman to post cards. Just be sure to ask lots of questions of the handyman and find out if he is licensed.

Mike Watch for the bounce. If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. If ya see it, it didn't go off. Old Air Force Munitions Saying

Reply to
asmurff

Hmmm, Bathroom upstairs, downstairs, or in basement. Installing a new one or replacing? It can be done by yourself. Decide what type first, fan only or fan with heat lamp combo which needs more room.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

J61:

Master Blaster installs bathroom fan.