Re: Celtic Piano Stand

This type of post should be on a binary newsgroup such as alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. :-) It is not appropriate here.

I finally figured out how to get my scans (it took three different >sections) of the full size drawing into one picture. It's a lot clearer >than the photo I took of it. > > > Mike > Watch for the bounce. > If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. > If ya see it, it didn't go off. > Old Air Force Munitions Saying > >
Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Okay I can do that, but why is it inappropriate? Honest question not trying to start anything.

Reply to
asmurff

I didn't think you knew. I've seen real flames start over such a thing and I didn't want that to happen to you.

They have other rules they will rant about though. I don't see you doing it, but I saw JT jump all over some one for posting in all capital letters. For some reason that is considered shouting.

Of course not many of us have escaped JT's sarcasm. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

"Lowell Holmes" wrote

On usenet, all caps is considered shouting.

It is harder to read for many and should only be used for emphisas.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Mike,

Good job.....only one little, teeny-weeny problem though. (I'm not being a net-nanny here, just offering up some kindly advice.)

This is not a binaries group - text messages only. You're supposed to post the pic over in alt.binaries.pictures. woodworking (abpw) and then make a post here telling everyone that your picture is posted at abpw and give them a clue what it's about and what the subject line say's so they can find it.

The reason for that? Well - put on your flame-proof shorts cause some of the net nanny's are going to come out of the woodwork and berate you up one side and down the other for posting this scan here and will tell you their version of why it isn't supposed to be done. Yep........I hear a door creaking, and someone is peeking in the window - they're here......you're gonna catch hell now - that' fer sure.....

;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

an example of the problem is that your origional post took up, on my news reader, 5568 lines and took maybe 20 seconds to download. this news group can get several hundred posts a day and if most were that long i wouldn't have the time to read all of them. this post may take up about 50 lines so i can download 100 of them in the same amount of time. if alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking is used to post the pictures to, than if i am interested, and have the time i can go there to view them. no rule, just courtesy! :-) hope this helps.

just my 2cents chuck b:-)

Reply to
chuckb