Overeager GE dishwasher

I have a GE GSD2200 dishwasher with digital controls, installed in 1988. It's been working well all this time, but now it's decided it wants to start up as soon as you close the door and pull the lever to lock it shut. It doesn't wait for you to press the Start button. Does anyone have any idea of what might cause this or how to prevent it?

Reply to
Nick Danger

============================================================ I have a GSD2800 model of the same vintage as yours. If the unit starts as soon as you slide the lock to the right, your controller has gone bad or gotten glitched. Try turning off the power to the dishwasher for a few minutes and then turn it back on and try it. If it still has the problem, I think your only way out is with a new controller---it's all solid state--nothing replaceable.

Good luck,

RON ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY

Thanks Ron - turning the breaker off and then on seems to have fixed it. This house has seen some really wicked thunderstorms since it was built, and there's not much electronic equipment that has come through the whole 19 years intact. I'm guessing that if the controller gets fried, it's probably not worth replacing, unless I can get a bargain somewhere like eBay.

Reply to
Nick Danger