Outdoor paint on plastic question

I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot of sun.

Thanks

Reply to
Kurt Gavin

rust oleum makes a special plastic paint. regular rust oleum appears to hold up well............

Reply to
hallerb

I've primed ABS pipe for outdoor use with Kilz primer and then painted it with regular old water-based acrylic outdoor paint. It's holding up so far. I've also heard of paints marketed especially for use on plastic.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

There are two main makers of spray paint that bond to plastic. Krylon Fusion and Rustoleum Paint for Plastic. In the Rustoleum line you have a choice of 6to 8 standard colors as well as hammered and textured finishes for plastic. If none of those colors are suitable for your project there is a plastic primer that you can use then, you my spray any of Rustoleums paints over the primer. In the upper midwest these products can be found at a Menards store. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Stoic1