OT: Why are the Canadians trash talking

I read some of these stupid posts that sound like Canadians trash talking on the US. I don't see Americans trash talking Canada here. So I have to ask why? Jealousy? Or is it just one Canadian troll doing all the trash talking?

Reply to
Doug

Oh, it's one of the characteristics of the "I'm OK, You're Not" syndrome. In order for some to feel OK, they cannot rest until they find something wrong with another. Once finding this seeming flaw, they relax in their own superiority.

In it's extreme form, "I'm OK, You're Not" is best represented by paranoia and a flight from reality. This symptom of an underlying pathology is the most difficult of psychosis to cure because anybody attempting to help the afflicted is automatically pinned to the "Not OK" crowd.

We, the suffering, either have to put up with the diseased's fantastical flights or hope they get worse. In the latter event, they can be locked up so they don't pester normal folk.

Reply to
HeyBub

You need a good dose of reality.

You need a mirror held up against you and your society, because your own media and journalists won't do it, because they are loath to "upset" you the viewer, lest you turn the channel.

No.

When factual or critical information is posted so as to rub your nose in it, you are confused. You are used to feeling that as a people and a country, that you can do no wrong. That your shit doesn't stink. That nobody on earth does freedom, democracy, morality and high-living better than the US of A. So you are confused and take offense to seeing others shine a light on your failings as a nation. The only way your brainwashed minds can deal with it is to call it hatred or jealousy.

Even a puppy learns not to repeat his mistakes when his nose is rubbed in it. And you do it not because you hate the puppy, or you're "jealous" of the puppy. You do it because you have to share the house with the puppy, and you'd like it if the puppy's shit wasn't stinking up the place.

I see now that you have even less mental capacity to understand these concepts than a puppy has...

Because in your universe, no other peoples or countries exist (other than the ones you are at war with).

Because in your universe, your media can't or won't bother to even make your feeble minds aware that there are other countries out there, so you don't even have a basis to have discussions about life and current events in those other countries - even the one that's right next door to you.

Because you really don't understand well enough how your own country works (or fails to work) so how can you possibly have enough information about what goes on in any other country?

Look at Oren. The most significant piece of information he knows about Canada is that Kentucky Fried Chicken is spelled differently in Quebec.

Reply to
Just posting the facts

Sartre's "Portrait of The Anti-Semite" covered it well, and always comes to mind when I see senseless prejudice. The "anti" is the rock weak folks cling to in the storm. And to them, life is a storm.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Aaaannd we come one step closer to invoking Godwin's law, courtesy of Mr. Smith.

Reply to
Posting Just the Facts

Then you are blind.

there has been a LOT of derogatory remarks about Canada and Canadians on Alt Home Repair.

Reply to
clare

Homo Gay started it, neener neener neener. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas