OT: What are those giant radishes?

Hi All,

I am asking this over here as I know at least one of you is married to a Korean lady.

On those addictive Asian Soaps, what are those giant radishes you see them chopping up when they are cooking. The are about 12" long and 4" around. Their color is a light violet?

And what do they taste like?

Oh you thought this was a political post? Why I never ...

Many thanks,

-T

Would they Mu or Japanese Daikon?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

It looks like these, although I don't remember them being greenish.

Daikon. They taste like very mild radishes, no bite.

Reply to
rbowman

Is your wife Korean?

"Daikon" only means "radish" in Japaneses as "Mu" only means "Radish" in Korean.

Is this them: Joseon radish (???, Joseonmu)?