OT: USPS Online Tracking Timestamp

Is the timestamp entry on the online USPS tracking entry local to the location where the package was processed- or to the timezone of the sender, the recipient, or where it's being checked from?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

IDK for sure but I think it's the local time for the facility that it's logged at. The only other logical thing would be if it was some global time, but then you'd expect it to be identified, eg 6:33PM PST, and it's probably not that, because I've checked tracking and it shows the time that I dropped it at the post office and it's my local time. I guess they could be using EST as the reference, but I doubt it, so I'm

95% that it;s simply the local time at the facility.
Reply to
trader_4

Local time, wherever the bar code is scanned. It does appear to update in real time based on package pickups I have at my house. The mail carrier is not out of sight when I get the update. I suppose YMMV if your carrier is out of range of a tower or if they scan everything when they get back to the shop.

Reply to
gfretwell