OT to home repair: Did you hear the story about the NY cop who helped a shoeless man?

Dec 03, 2012 On the Laura Ingraham show, Tammy Bruce was giving the story after the story about the boots cop. Sadly, I missed it and didn't see it on her web site. What did I miss?

Oh, wait, found it:

YORK (AP) - The New York City homeless man - whose gift of boots from an NYPD police officer became an online sensation - is back on the streets with no shoes.

The New York Times

) found him Sunday night wandering barefoot in Manhattan. The paper identified him as Jeffrey Hillman, formerly of South Plainfield, N.J.

Asked about the $100 all-weather boots Officer Larry DePrimo gave him on Nov. 14, Hillman says he's hidden them because "they are worth a lot of money."

He says he's grateful for the gift, but he wants "a piece of the pie" because the photo was posted online "without permission."

An Arizona tourist snapped the photo of the officer presenting new boots to Hillman. It went viral after it was posted on the NYPD's Facebook page.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

NEW YORK (AP) - The New York City homeless

Yeah I read this earlier. Kinda a slap in the face to the cop but the cop still deserves praise for his kindness even if the person he helped is a ... for lack of a better word, "idiot".

Reply to
Doug

That was a nice "give a man a fish" action. I agree, the action was kind. Regardless of the barefoot guy's choices after that. The cop's heart was in the right place.

I was guessing the homeless guy sold the boots for drug money.

.

Yeah I read this earlier. Kinda a slap in the face to the cop but the cop still deserves praise for his kindness even if the person he helped is a ... for lack of a better word, "idiot".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This guy was the famous barefoot beggar With shoes, he was just another bum on the street.

It is like "Alms for an ex-lepper" in Life of Brian.

"Jesus sir, he came along and took away my livelihood without as much as a by your leave"

Reply to
gfretwell

The fellow has a mental problem. Most of them are beyond help.

Reply to
harry

I have traveled extensively in 3rd world countries. It's common practice for beggars to injure their children to get sympathy (and more money).

Reply to
harry