So did NY State.

House passes sharp new gun restrictions So did NY State, and it will be signed.

Outrageous. If any crackpot is not free to own a gun, none of us are free.

Reply to
micky

The U.S. Supreme Court is going to rule on gun rights.

Dean Hoffman

That may be interesting. It is a very short text but there seems to be different interpretations. Do you have to join a militia group?

Maybe they will just allow the weapons in use at the time it was written. Turn in your AR-15 and get a single shot musket.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That isn't going to happen, even conservative Supreme Courts didn't go there. And the SC ruled about 15 years ago that the second amendment applies to individuals, no need for a militia. Back around the founding, the militia meant able bodied adult citizens.

If the right to legal carry is causing carnage, we should be seeing it in states that already allow it and make it easy, there are about 40. If there is any documented increase in people legally carrying and increased crime using them, I haven't seen it. I would expect the SC is going to tell NY that their restriction is way beyond reasonable.

Reply to
trader_4

No chance of that given they are repug dominated.

No chance of that given they are repug dominated.

Reply to
4587Joey

If street drugs like fentanyl were made illegal, poor George Floyd would still be alive today.

Reply to
Brian Stelturd

No problemo.

It's been really quiet for a couple of decades but we can fix that in a heartbeat.

I grew up in Rensselaer county. Long guns were unregulated but handgun permits were on a may-issue basis as in 'the sheriff may issue a permit if you're his brother in law.' I got out of that state about 50 years ago.

Reply to
rbowman