OT. Cop Misbehavior

An Arkansas cop flipped a woman's car after she slowed and activated her hazard lights.

Dean Hoffman

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:45:13 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to digest...

Yup, 27 yr veteran trooper. All for a speeding ticket. In Arkansas the drivers manual tells you to do that if you feel it is a hazardous location. She is now suing because they did 144 pit maneuvers last year. A comment by the trooper: well she drove into the wall. WTF, upside down? Also: She's not very pregnant. What a bunch of road warriors... putz's is more like it.

Reply to
Tekkie©

About 3/4 of the way down.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

She should have stopped right next to the wall and hoped somebody tore the stupid son of a bitch's door off when he tried to get out. If I were a cop I wouldn't want to run a traffic stop in that location.

Having had an interesting adolescence I'd probably have done a brake check about the time he was lining up...

Reply to
rbowman

I always wondered what happens when the cop trying the PIT ends up next to a real driver who knows how to avoid it and puts the cop in the ditch. Also agree with the OP this is not something you do with a speeder. It is potentially deadly force and should be reserved for the most dangerous criminals. This was a white woman, nothing will happen to him.

gfretwell

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:41:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

There was; of the whole sordid episode. Complete and utter disregard for the victims safety. All of the backup units showed the same contempt. What a bunch of maroons.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:02:47 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

That would not be wise, especially with these jerks.

Reply to
Tekkie©